OnePlus, the latest entrant in the smartphone arena, today introduced its first smartphone the form of OnePlus One. Featuring some impressive specifications OnePlus One will be released in Black and White colours with a range of back cover options with textures like Bamboo, Wood, Denim and Kevlar.
The smartphone packs 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 8974AC quad-core processor, 5.5-inch full HD display, 3GB of RAM and 3100 mAh battery. The phone also comes with 16/ 64GB of internal storage, 5MP front camera and 13MP rear camera with Sony Exmor IMX 214 sensor and dual-LED flash.
OnePlus One runs on a special CynogenMod version called 11S, which is based on Android 4.4 KitKat.
Availability and Pricing
The OnePlus One will initially be available online for users in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and the United States, however the company will be using an invite system to contain the rush. It goes on sale in mid-May.
The 16GB OnePlus One model has been priced at $299/€269, while the 64GB model will be sold for $349/€299.
OnePlus One specifications
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, 2.5GHz quad-core, Adreno 330
- Memory: 3GB of RAM, 16/ 64GB of internal storage
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS LCD, 1920x1080p resolution, Gorilla Glass 3
- Battery: 3,100 mAh
- Cameras: 5MP front, 13MP rear with Sony Exmor IMX 214 sensor and Dual-LED flash
- Ports: USB 3.0,
- Sound: Built-in stereo speakers & Tri-microphone with noise cancellation
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac, LTE, WCDMA, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Dimensions: 152.9×75.9×8.9 mm, 162grams
- OS: CyanogenMod 11S based on Android 4.4