Update (Feb 1): Moto X4 6GB RAM version is now on sale in India.
Update (Jan 29): Lenovo-owned Motorola Mobility has officially launched the 6GB RAM variant of its Moto X4 smartphone in the Indian market. According to the company, the Moto X4 with 6GB RAM will retail at INR 24,999. Like other Moto X4 versions, the 6GB Moto X4 is also exclusive to Flipkart.com and Moto Hub stores. The sales for the new version opens February 1. You can head over to Flipkart as early as 0000 hrs on Feb 1 to order the smartphone.
The new Moto X4 runs on Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. Other specifications of the smartphone are same as the other variant of the phone.
To remind you, the Moto X4 was originally launched in the Indian market on November 17 last year. It started receiving the Oreo update in December last year. The phone is currently offered in two versions, one with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage for INR 20,999 and the other with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage for INR 22,999.
Here is a recap of rest of the Moto X4 specifications
- IP68-rated water-resistant
- Anodized aluminum frame with Gorilla Glass on both front and back
- Amazon Alexa integration
- 5.2-inch full HD IPS screen with Corning Gorilla Glass
- 3000 mAh battery
- 16MP front camera with selfie flash, dual rear camera with 16MP and 8MP sensors and LED flash
- MicroSD card slot
- 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor with Adreno 508 GPU
- Android 8.0 Oreo operating system
- Dimensions: 148.35mm x 73.4mm x 7.99mm; Weight: 163 grams
- USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack
- FM Radio
- 4G LTE Wifi, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC,
- Fingerprint sensor
Earlier (Jan 24): Motorola Mobility is gearing up to launch a new version of its Moto X4 smartphone in the Indian market. The company on Tuesday started teasing the release of the upcoming phone on Twitter. The teaser claims that the new version of Moto X4 will be faster, smarter and sharper than the current version.