After a plethora of leaks, which pretty much revealed everything about the phone, HMD Global has officially announced the new Nokia 6 (2018) smartphone. The phone was unveiled in China earlier today, which is going to be the first market to get the smartphone. There is no word on the international release at this point.
Nokia 6 (2018) succeeds the last year’s Nokia 6 model and packs a number of improvements. The new Nokia 6 sports a 5.5-inch Full HD screen in a unibody aluminum housing. The phone is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor and includes 4GB of RAM. There are going to be two internal storage versions of the phone – 32GB and 64GB. There is a microSD card slot as in the phone.
In terms of the photography capabilities, the Nokia 6 (2018) comes with a 16MP auto-focus rear camera with LED flash and an 8MP selfie shooter. It also supports the Bothie mode of capturing the input from both cameras of the phone in the same frame.
On the software front, the Nokia 6 (2018) runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, but will be getting the Oreo update in the coming months. Among other specifications, you will get USB Type-C port, a fingerprint sensor, 3000 mAh battery and 4G LTE connectivity.
According to HMD Global, Nokia 6 (2018) China sales open January 10. The pre-bookings are now open at Suning.com. The 4GB RAM + 32GB storage version of the phone will retail at 1,499 yuan ($230) and the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant will sell at 1,699 yuan ($260). There are two colour options – Black and Silver.
Nokia 6 (2018) full specifications
- Dimensions: 148.8mm x 75.8mm x 8.6mm; Weight: 172 grams
- 5.5-inch full HD IPS screen with Corning Gorilla Glass
- 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system
- 16MP f2.0 AF rear camera with dual-LED flash, 8MP f2.0 FF selfie camera
- 3000 mAh battery
- 4GB of RAM, 32/64GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- 4G LTE, Wifi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack, fingerprint sensor