After some issues with the original fix for Mi 4i’s heating problems, Xiaomi has started rolling out a new update for the smartphone owners.
According to Xiaomi’s Hugo Barra, the new MIUI v22.214.171.124 update is now being rolled-out to the Mi 4i over-the-air and will reach all units over the week. He claims that the update will bring down the smartphone heating in the process-intensive tasks.
“We’ve heard from some Mi 4i users that their devices can get warm under more strenuous conditions such as complex 3D gaming for extended periods of time. To address these concerns, we’ve optimized our thermal control algorithms to better regulate the temperature. The new thermal controls adjust frequency, voltage and the number of cores in use depending on the chipset temperature,” wrote Barra in a Facebook post.
If you don’t want to wait for the OTA update, you can grab the update file from MIUI forum and flash it yourself, but unless you have done the same on previous occasions, it will better if you wait for the OTA update.
Here is the complete change-log of the MIUI v126.96.36.199 update:
- Optimization – Optimized device temperature controlling parameters
- Fix – Poor speaker quality when audio volume was low
- Fix – Some earphones types were recognized incorrectly
- Fix – Sometimes, calls could not be made when there was only one SIM card inserted
- Fix – Apps’ names and images did not match when they were displayed in card mode in Recents page
- Optimization – Unified animations when switching between front and rear camera using gesture and icon
- Optimization – Optimized exposure time icon
- Fix – Select/cancel icons and flash/hdr/switch cameras icons displayed simultaneously after third party apps used camera to take videos
- Fix – Shutter speed was incorrect