Chinese smartphone maker Gionee has announced the launch of its Elife S5.1 smartphone in the Indian market. S5.1 is the slimmest smartphone from the company with just 5.1mm thickness.
Priced at INR 18,999, the phone will go on sale in the first week of December in the country.
Gionee Elife S5.1 features a 4.8-inch HD display, 1.7GHz MediaTek MT6592W octa-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and 16GB of storage. The phone also packs 8MP rear camera, 5MP front shooter and Android 4.4 with Amigo UI.
It will be released in Black, White, Pink, Blue, and Purple colour options in the country.
The new Elife S5.1 will be joining the company’s already available S-series smartphone S5.5. Both smartphones pack similar looks and are targeted to the consumers, who want to own slim smartphones.
Gionee Elife S5.1 specifications
- Display: 4.8-inch AMOLED HD, 1280x720p
- Memory: 16GB on-board, 1GB of RAM
- Cameras: 8.0MP rear with autofocus & LED flash, 5MP front with an 88 degree wide angle lens
- OS: Android v4.4 (KitKat) with Amigo 2.0
- Processor: 1.7GHz octa-core, MediaTek MT6592V/W
- SIM card slots: One
- Connectivity: 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Weight: 100g
- Battery: 2100 mAh battery
- Others: USB OTG, FM Radio
Mediatek processor and 1 gig RAM for 18K smartphone is Meh…