“Get ready for something sweet! AndroidTM 5.0, Lollipop is officially here for some of our Motorola devices. We’ve started to roll out Lollipop in phases just a week after the public release of the software,” stated Seshadri Tangutur, Software Engineer at Motorola, in a blog post.
The update will reach these phones over-the-air in the next few days. There is no word on the global roll-out, but it should not take much time.
You can check out the detailed change-log of the update at Motorola website, however here is quick look at the highlights of the update.
- A new look and feel: Material Design for better, more natural touch screen interactions and vivid new colors, typography, and edge-to-edge imagery to make using your phone more fluid.
- Your device, your rules: Notifications on your lock screen, new “Downtime” and “Interruption” settings for notifications control.
- Share your device: Guest mode to limit the user to a particular application.
- Let there be light: New flashlight in Quick Settings.
- Battery saver: New battery saver mode that will save power by reducing performance and most background data operations to extend your battery life.