In addition to the new Xperia Z2 smartphone, Sony has also unveiled the SmartBand accessory in the Indian market today. It will be available for INR 5,990, however as we have already stated the SmartBand is being bundled for free with Xperia Z2 as a part of a limited period promotion.
SmartBand, which records users’ daily activities and fitness information, is compatible with Android 4.4+ devices (Bluetooth 4.0 LE needed), regardless of the manufacturer. Some of the compatible smartphones are Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Note III, Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S5, Sony Xperia Z2, Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact and Z Ultra.
“The SmartBand is an innovative life logging wrist band that lets you keep track of everything you do – your movements, your communications, your entertainment. Wearable technology for wherever you go, around the clock. Log special moments and watch your life played back to you on your Android smartphone or tablet,” explains Sony on its product page.
Quick look at the Sony SmartBand features
- 24/7 wearable device, waterproof
- Works with Lifelog app, which is available in Google Play
- Available in a range of colours options like Yellow, Purple, Pink and White
- Removable core unit, which can be put in different wrist straps
- Support for notifications, music controls and more
- Every SmartBand comes with 2 wrist straps – small/large and one core unit
Sony SmartBand will go on sale beginning May 12 along with Xperia Z2 in India.