Chinese smartphone maker Gionee has announced the launch of Elife S5.5 Android smartphone in the Indian market today. Housed in a glass and metal chassis, the Elife S5.5 is the world’s thinnest smartphone with just 5.5mm thickness.
Originally introduced last month, Gionee Elife S5.5 features a 5-inch full HD Super AMOLED display, 1.7GHz MediaTek octa-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and Android 4.2 based Amigo UI. The phone also packs 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, 2300 mAh battery and the usual set of connectivity options.
The phone joins the company’s other Elife-series smartphones in the country, which include Elife E7, Elife E6, Elife E5 and E3.
Pricing and Availability
According to Gionee, Elife S5.5 will retail for INR 22,999 in the country, when it goes on sale on April 27. The phone will be available in five colour options – White, Black, Blue, Pink and Purple.
1 million smartphone sales
Gionee revealed at the India release of Elife S5.5 that the company has sold over 1 million smartphones in the first year of its existence in the country.The company also stated that it shipped 24 million smartphones globally in 2013 and hopes to take this number to 35 million in 2014.
Gionee Elife S5.5 specifications
- OS: Amigo 2.0 ( Based on Android 4.2)
- Processor: Octa-core, 1.7Ghz MTK 6592
- Memory: 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage
- Size: 45.1 x 70.2 x 5.55mm, 130 grams
- Display: 5-inch, 1920 x 1080p, Super AMOLED, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Cameras: 13MP rear, 5MP front
- Battery: 2300mAh
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi
- Ports: MicroUSB 2.0 (supports OTG), 3.5mm earphone jack
- Sensors: Gyro, Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Electronic Compass, Compass
Disclosure:Author’s travel and stay for Elife S5.5 India launch was arranged by Gionee.