Sony’s recently announced 6.4-inch smartphone Xperia Z Ultra is now available in the Indian market. Listed at retailer Saholic.com, the device has been priced at INR 44,990. The retailer expects to ship in seven days, suggesting that they might be waiting for the actual stocks.
The first smartphone to reach to reach Indian shores with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 processor, Sony Xperia Z Ultra was originally announced at the Mobile Asia Expo last month. The smartphone features a full HD TRILUMINOS display, Android 4.2 and 2GB of RAM. The phone also comes with 3,000 mAh battery, 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera.
Sony Xperia Z also support handwriting recognition and is compatible with any pencil and selected stylus or pen (capacitive stylus or metal pen with tip diameter over 1mm).
The pricing does not seem to surprising considering the specifications of the device and this also not a device for everyone.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra key specifications
- 6.4-inch Full HD TRILUMINOS Display for mobile powered by X-Reality for mobile engine
- Waterproof and dust resistant (IP55/IP58)
- 2.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- 8-megapixel rear camera, 2-megapixel front camera
- Battery STAMINA Mode
- Android 4.2
- 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA), aGPS, GLONASS, ANT+, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, NFC and Wi-FI
- MicroUSB with MHL support
- 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot