Micromax In Note 1: 10 things you need to know before buying it
Micromax In Note 1 is one of the two phones from the Indian company that mark its return to the smartphone market. The phone went on sale for the first time today i.e. November 24 via Flipkart and Micromax official website. With an aggressive pricing and decent specifications, Micromax is hoping that In Note 1 will help put it on a path to regain its old glory. Micromax was once used to be a dominant player in Indian smartphone market with its affordable rebranded mobiles; however, when the Chinese smartphone makers entered India and undercut Micromax with even more aggressive prices and much better specifications, it kind of disappeared.
In this article, I am taking a look at the Micromax In Note 1 mobile and listing out the 10 things that you need to know about it before buying the phone.
- Micromax In Note 1 is a budget Android mobile and comes with dual-SIM support and 4G connectivity, like pretty much every affordable phone from mainstream smartphone players.
- It is a part of the company’s In series that touts its Made in India roots; however, as is true for all smartphones, it is impossible to make phones without Chinese input in one way or the other. The phone will be assembled in India though, which again is not something that is exclusive to Micromax. Most phone makers these days, including the likes of Apple, assemble their phones in India.
- Micromax Informatics subsidiary Bhagwati Products will assemble the In Note 1 and In 1b phones. It will utilise Bhiwandi and Hyderabad units for the same. Bhagwati Products also makes TVs, Acs, and a lot more for Micromax.
- The new Micromax phone is powered by MediaTek Helio G85 SoC, paired with 4GB of RAM. MediaTek Helio G85 is a relatively newer processor that packs eight CPU cores – two Cortex-A75 at 2GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores at 1.8GHz – and Arm Mali-G52 GPU.
- Micromax In Note 1 price in India starts at Rs. 10,999 for the 64GB onboard storage variant. It is sold at Rs. 12,499 for the 128GB storage model. You will be able to increase the storage using the dedicated microSD card slot in the phone. With this price tag, the Micromax mobile will compete with the likes of Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 and Realme Narzo 20 in the country.
- Micromax has added four cameras on the back of the In Note 1 with a 48-megapixel shooter headlining the setup. The other three cameras include a 5-megapixel shooter with a wide-angle lens, a 2-megapixel depth sensor, and another 2-megapixel sensor with a macro lens. There is an LED flash as well for bad lighting situations and some artificial intelligence-enabled features.
- For your selfie needs, the Indian company has included a 16-megapixel camera on the front of Micromax In Note 1 with a 78-degree wide-angle lens.
- In terms of the design, Micromax In Note 1 sports a plastic body with glossy finish. There is big camera bump on the back that features an X pattern. The glossy body of the In Note 1 mobile is said to be a fingerprint magnet. Talking about the fingerprints, there is a fingerprint sensor on the back for biometric authentication.
- Coming to the ports and jacks, the Micromax phone houses both USB Type-C port and 3.5mm audio jack. Additionally, Micromax has included a dedicated button for Google Assistant and two microphones in the phone.
- Lastly, the Micromax mobile packs 5,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging as well as reverse charging. The company is also bundling a 18W fast charger in the box.
- Bonus: The next Micromax In Note 1 sale will be held next week on December 1 via Flipkart and Micromax website.