Update (December 11): Xiaomi has announced a price-cut for of Mi A1 in India. It will now retail at INR 13,999 for all colour variants. More in my full report.
Earlier (November 21): After a wait of over three months, the Rose Gold colour variant of the Mi A1 smartphone has finally gone on sale in India. The phone is now available on Flipkart.com. It carries the same price-tag as the other colour variants – INR 14,999.
Although Xiaomi showcased all three colours variants of the Mi A1 – Black, Gold and Rose Gold – at the launch, only Gold and Black variants have been sold in the country until now.
To remind you, Mi A1 is the first Android One smartphone from Xiaomi. It sports a 5.5-inch full HD display in a full-metal body. The phone is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor and runs on Android 7.1 Nougat. According to Xiaomi, it will be receiving the Oreo update in the coming weeks.
Among other specifications, the smartphone packs a dual-camera setup on the back with two 12MP sensors. On the front, there is a 5MP selfie camera. The Mi A1 also comes with 4GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage and a microSD card slot.
Being an Android One smartphone, Mi A1 comes with free unlimited Google Photos storage for high-quality photos (not full-res). The phone has received rave reviews from all over and is probably the best Android phone under INR 15,000 in the country right now.
Xiaomi Mi A1 full specifications
- 5.5-inch screen with 1920x1080p resolution and LTPS technology
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and microSD card slot
- Dual rear camera setup with a 12-megapixel wide-angle lens and a 12-megapixel telephoto lens, two-tone flash as well as 5MP front shooter
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, dual-SIM hybrid slots
- 3080 mAh battery
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system
- Others: Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C, IR blaster