HTC One M9+ becomes official; 5.2-inch QHD display in tow
Even before the new One M9 smartphone could go on sale in all major markets, HTC has already started introducing the variants of the smartphone like E9+. The number of variants went up further today when HTC unveiled the new HTC One M9+ smartphone at a press event in Beijing.
The new smartphone is a slightly bigger cousin of the One M9 and sports a 5.2-inch Quad-HD display on-board. Instead of the Qualcomm Snapdragon chip, the M9+ is powered by 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6795K processor, most likely in order to keep the price of the phone down.
Other specifications of the smartphone include 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, 2840 mAh battery, Ultrapixel front shooter and 20MP rear camera with depth sensor (HTC Duo camera).
HTC One M9+ runs on Android 5.0 and features a China-focussed version of Sense 7 UI (aka China Sense). It also comes with fingerprint sensor, and BoomSound front stereo speaker with Dolby Audio.
The smartphone is likely to remain Chine-exclusive for sometime, but we expect availability in select Asian markets going forward. There is no word on the pricing or exact availability at this moment.
HTC One M9+ full specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch 2560x1440p, Quad-HD
- Processor: 2.3GHz MediaTek MT6795T octa-core
- Memory: 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- Battery: 2840 mAh
- OS: Android 5.0 with Sense 7.0 (China Sense in China)
- Connectivity: 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC< DLNA
- Location: GPS, Glonass, Beidou
- Cameras: 20MP HTC Duo camera on the back, 4MP Ultrapixel on front
- Dimensions: 150.99 x 71.99 x 9.61mm, weight 168grams
- Others: Fingerprint sensor, BoomSound