Taiwanese manufacturer Asus on Thursday launched its flagship Zenfone 2 smartphone in the Indian market. The smartphone will be succeeding the company’s successful first-generation Asus Zenfone in the country.
Asus Zenfone 2 was originally introduced at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas earlier this year. The phone has generated quite a buzz among the consumers as the top variants of the phone pack as much as 4GB of RAM.
“We are incredibly excited to bring ZenFone 2 to consumers in India. ASUS believes that the best technology should be used by a mass audience, and we have drawn on our core competence to deliver beautiful design and unprecedented performance in an empowering luxury for everyone to enjoy,” said Jerry Shen, President & CEO, Asus.
According to Asus, it will initially be offering four variants of the phone in India, which will come with different RAM, storage, processor and display resolution.
The Indian versions of Asus Zenfone 2 sport a 5.5-inch display and are powered by 64-bit Intel Atom quad-core processor. They also come with 3000 mAh battery, 13MP rear camera with dual-LED flash, 5MP front shooter, dual-SIM support, 4G LTE and microSD card slot. All Zenfone 2 variants run Android 5.0 and include Zen UI.
Pricing and Availability
Like all Zenfone devices until now, Asus has partnered with e-retailer Flipkart to exclusively handle the online sales of the Zenfone 2, while the company will take care of the offline sales. In addition to Flipkart, the Zenfone 2 models will be available in Asus Experience stores across the country.
The phones are now available for pre-order and here is a look at the pricing of various models.
- Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML – HD display, 1.8GHz Z3560 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage – INR 12,999
- Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML – FHD display, 1.8GHz Z3560 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage – INR 14,999
- Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML – FHD display, 2.3GHz Z3580 processor, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage – INR 19,999
- Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML – FHD display, 2.3GHz Z3580 processor, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage – INR 22,999
Full HD display, 2GB ram, 3rd gen Atom processor, good build. above all under 15k !!! Only one word “WOW”. Motorola, your move.
wow, now that’s one of best price/specs ratio…and
something for xiaomi/micromax to act on…
was @ at the ZenFone2 launching today… Few pointers (observations)
1. No CELEB should be brand ambassador as they come across as fools
2. Well planned event, but could have been crispier
3. Made a real mess out of naming thing, they could have kept it real simple
4. Prices are about 2K higher than expected, 10999 / 12999 / 17999 / 20999 would have been absolutely amazing. Even at these prices, phones are real value for money… but, the final nail in the coffin was pricing.
Jerry Shen was star of the show… but bigger star was ZenFone2