Amazon has announced that it has expanded the availability of the Fire TV Stick to UK and Germany, where the device will join the already successful Fire TV set-top box. The interested consumers can now order the device at the company website and shipping will begin April 15.
“In the UK and Germany, Fire TV is already the best-selling streaming media box on Amazon, and we’re thrilled to be bringing our fastest-selling Amazon device ever—Fire TV Stick—to the UK and Germany. We think millions of customers in the UK and Germany are going to love this product,” said Peter Larsen, Vice President, Amazon Devices.
The company has also stated that it will roll-out a software update for the Fire TV Stick and Fire TV devices in the coming weeks, which brings several useful features.
Here are some of the highlights of the software update
- Expandable USB storage on Amazon Fire TV: Use a connected USB mass storage device to expand your Fire TV storage
- Support for hotel or dorm room Wi-Fi: Connect to Wi-Fi that requires web authentication
- Private listening on Fire TV: Support for wireless Bluetooth headphones to Fire TV
- Browse and search Prime Playlists
- Hidden PIN entry: With the new PIN entry screen that hides the numbers selected
- New shortcuts: Quickly put your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick to sleep or enable display mirroring by pressing and holding the Home button on your remote.
“Customer response to Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick has been overwhelming—we’ve been working hard to build more of both as quickly as possible, and we’re excited to be adding new features we think customers will love,” said Larsen.