Bloomberg has published a new report, which confirms several of the previously leaked details about the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge smartphones. According to the publication, Samsung will indeed be unveiling both smartphones at the March 1 press event in Barcelona.
In addition, Bloomberg has noted that both phones will feature 5.1-inch displays, which will wrap-around to three sides of the phone in the Edge-variant of the S6.
“One of the new Galaxy phones will have a screen that covers the front and both the left and right sides,” wrote Bloomberg citing unnamed sources with direct knowledge of the matter.
The upcoming smartphones are also said to be featuring all-metal bodies and will be powered by Samsung’s next-gen processor, confirming the rumours as well as leaks circulating around for a while.
Although Bloombeg has not revealed any other specifics about phone, it does note that the smartphones will use metal frames supplied by Chinese auto-maker BYD Electronic International.
Here is a look at what we think we know so far about the Galaxy S6:
- Specs: 5.1-inch QHD display, octa-core Exynos 7 processor, 3GB of RAM, 32/ 64/ 128GB of internal storage, 20MP rear camera, 5MP front shooter, and Android 5.0 with TouchWiz.
- Announcement on March 1, availability in late March or early-April
- To come bundled with Sennheiser earbuds
- Fingerprint sensor in the home-button
- To be released in dark blue, blue-green, gold, and white colours