HTC on Monday announced the new Desire 826 smartphone at CES 2015 trade fair. Targeted to the selfie-enthusiasts, the new smartphone sports an Ultrapixel camera on the front, a first from HTC in its Android line-up.
Other specifications of the phone include 13MP MP f2.0 rear camera, 5.5-inch full HD display, and 1.7GHz octa-core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor. The Desire 826 also comes with 2600 mAh battery, Android 5.0 with Sense 6.0, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and microSD card slot.
In addition, HTC has included Dolby Audio surround sound support in the front BoomSound speakers.
According to HTC, the Desire 826 will go on sale beginning late-January in Asia-Pacific, followed by other markets. It will be available in five colour options, however there is no word on the pricing.
HTC Desire 826 specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920x1080p)
- Processor: 1.5GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- Memory: 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- OS: Android 5.0 with HTC Sense 6.0
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (optional), 4G LTE Cat.4, 3G, Wi-Fi /b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- Rear camera: 13MP with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- Front camera: Ultrapixel, f.2.2 aperture, wide angle lens
- Audio: HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, Dolby Audio
- Battery: 2600 mAh