Lenovo has begun its IFA journey with the announcement of a brand new Android tablet earlier today. Dubbed as Tab S8, it is the company’s first Intel-powered tablet and will go on sale later this month.
“With Lenovo’s Tab S8 tablet powered by an Intel Atom Processor, consumers have the freedom to experience seamless, powerful performance with great battery life. They can enjoy the content they want on this new Intel-based tablet, such as games or videos,” said Erik Reid, vice president of Intel Mobile and Communications Group and general manager of the Tablet Business Unit.
According to Lenovo, Tab S8 sports an 8-inch full HD 1920x1200p display, Intel Atom Z3745 processor, Android 4.4, and 2GB of RAM. The tablet will also come with 16GB of internal storage, dual front speakers, LTE support (optional), 8MP rear camera, and 1.6MP front shooter.
Lenovo notes that the tablet will be priced starting $199 for the Wi-Fi only version, while the LTE version will cost more.
- Processor: Intel Atom Z3745 quad-core processor (up to 1.86 GHz)
- OS: Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Display: 8-inch (1920×1200) FHD quality IPS; 10-point multi-touch
- Colours: Ebony; Blue; Canary Yellow; White (subject to regional availability)
- Memory: 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage
- Sound: Dolby-enhanced dual front speakers
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n; BT 4.0; Optional LTE
- Cameras: 8MP rear with auto-focus & wide-aperture F2.2 lens, 1.6MP HD fixed-focus front camera
- Battery: 4290mAh (Li-ion, embedded)
- Weight: 299g (.65 pounds)
- Dimensions: 209.8 x 123.8 x 7.9 mm/8.1 x 4.8 x .31 inches