Samsung today announced the launch of Galaxy S5 Active in the United States. The smartphone is being offered by telecom operator AT&T in the country. It can now be grabbed from AT&T website or retail stores for $0 down and $27.50/ month through AT&T Next 18 or $35.75/ month on AT&T Next 12 or $199.99 with a two-year contract. There is no word on the release in other markets right now.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Active packs the same specifications as the normal Galaxy S5 but it is more sturdy, rugged and shock-proof. It also includes water/ dust resistance (IP67 rating) and a convenience key, which launches the Activity Zone and gives access to outdoor activity-related features and applications.
The smartphone is being sold in Camo Green, Ruby Red, and Titanium Gray colour options.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Active specifications
- Rugged design: shock-, water-resistant, dustproof (IP67 & MIL-spec 810G)
- Heart rate sensor
- 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- 5.1-inch Super AMOLED Full HD display (1920x1080p)
- 16MP rear camera, 2MP front camera
- 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- Android 4.4.2
- 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS,
- 2800 mAh battery