In addition to the W3500, W6610 and S308 smartphones, Philips also showcased the I928 smartphone at today’s launch event in New Delhi. The company has stated that the new I928 will go on sale next month but has not revealed the final pricing.
Powered by MediaTek’s 1.7GHz octa-core processor, the Philip I928 features a 6-inch full HD display, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and microSD card slot. The phone also packs 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, dual-SIM support and 3G connectivity.
The smartphone runs on Android 4.2.2 and will come with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS. The phone will be going head-to-head with the likes of upcoming Alcatel One Touch Idol X+, recently launched Panasonic P81, Intex Aqua Octa, Karbonn Titanium Octane, Huawei G750, and Micromax Canvas Knight smartphones in the country.
Philips I928 specifications
- Size: 81.5 x 160.4 x 8.2 mm
- SoC: 1.7GHz MediaTek MT6592 Octa-core processor, 700 MHz Mali-450 MP4 GPU
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- Display: 6-inch TFT, 1080×1920 pixels
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Camera: 13MP rear, 5MP front
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, 3G
- Others: MicroUSB 2.0, Dual-SIM support, GPS, A-GPS