Google has released a major update for Google Maps application on Android. The new update, which is gradually being rolled-out via Google Play, brings a number of improvements.
After the update, Google Maps will show you more information with turn-by-turn navigation like distance and arrival time. The app will also allow users to save and manage offline maps in custom lists and gives direct access to Uber app from inside the maps.
Among other changes, Google Maps now suggests you which lane to stay in or move to so you’ll never find yourself driving for miles down the wrong road. This feature is however available in select markets only right now.
Check out the full change-log below
- Turn-by-turn navigation now displays distance, arrival time, and quick access to alternate routes
- Save and manage offline maps in a custom list for when you’re traveling or have a slow connection
- Transit results now display total walking time of your trip and the next scheduled bus or train
- Sign in to see your “Places to review” list from recently saved or searched-for places
- If you have the Uber app installed, open it right from Google Maps when comparing route options
- Browse through restaurants, bars and hotels by opening hours, rating, price, and more
- Now, select “Depart at” to choose the time and day you want to leave in public transit route search to get accurate transit info
- Lane guidance (only in US, Canada and Japan right now)
- Bug fixes