CyanogenMod team has released the CM 11.0 M6 builds today for the supported devices and also revealed that there won’t be any builds titled “stable” from now on. If you have been waiting for CyanogenMod 11.0 Stable, install the M-builds like the current one, which according to the CM team are as stable as it gets.
“Don’t expect a build labelled ‘stable’. The ‘M’ builds have supplanted our need for such a release. This also means you will not being seeing ‘RC’ builds,” CM team wrote in a blog post.
The team also stated that it is working to bring faster “stable” builds like the M-series and these will be released every fortnight or so. The exact label for this upcoming release has not been decided until now.
Back to the CyanogenMod 11.0 M6 release, it is based on Android 4.4.2 and comes with several improvements over the M5 release. The full change-log is listed below.
- Quiet Hours: Fix longpress QS tile option
- Voice+: Integrate into settings (under Wireless and Networks > ‘More’)
- Blacklist: Add provider permissions
- Lockscreen: Fix custom wallpaper crashes and album art issues, Disable elements when in custom lockscreen
- Display: Consolidate screen-off animation options (remove checkbox)
- Bluetooth: Upstream updates and fix issues with audio routing to select car makes/models and disconnect issues
- MultiSIM: Additional support patches (15+) and UI/UX modifications
- Quick Settings: Options to show smaller tiles; add BT device name to tile, Fix QS tiles layout in landscape mode
- Usage Stats: Fix screen on stats after boot
- Settings: Show ‘eject card’ action for USB storage
- Theme Engine: Introduce new Engine capabilities (chooser to arrive in nightlies this week)
- Parallel Shutdown: Decrease shutdown time
- Downloads: Add pause/resume support
- Trebuchet: Hidden apps and labels support
- Remove parallel boot dexopt from stable/cm-11.0 branch
- Address security vulnerability for icons
- Resolve memory leaks in Frameworks
You can use the CM updater on your device to update to CM 11.0 M6 or flash it manually by downloading your device-specific build from here.