HTC One (M8) is official
HTC on Tuesday took the wraps off the new HTC One (M8) smartphone. Yes, the official name of the phone is “HTC One (M8)”. The phone goes on sale today in select markets and will be rolled-out to more countries over the coming weeks. According to HTC, it plans to release HTC One (M8) via 230 telecom operators in over 100 countries worldwide.
“In 2013 we introduced the best smartphone in the world, but we never stopped challenging ourselves and the status quo in this category. As pioneers in mobile innovation, we continue to design and build devices that will dazzle, inspire and transform the smartphone industry. Today I’m proud to launch the most stunning, intuitive and advanced handset that the industry has seen to date, the new HTC One (M8),” said Peter Chou, CEO, HTC.
HTC has a lot riding on the the One (M8) as it has slipped from being one of the top smartphone vendors to out of the top ten in a matter for just three years. HTC claims that the HTC One (M8) improves every aspect of the company’s HTC One (M7).
The phone comes with a 5-inch full HD display, 2.3GHz Snapdragon 801 processor, 4G LTE, and Android 4.4.2. On the imaging front, HTC has included a dual-camera setup on the rear of the phone, which features the company’s Ultrapixel technology, as well as a 5MP front shooter on the phone.
“The Duo Camera boasts a depth sensor in addition to the main HTC UltraPixelTM module, capturing detailed depth information from a scene and enabling a range of beautiful and creative effects that allow you to do more with your images than ever before,” HTC noted in a press release.
HTC is also introducing Sense 6.0 with One (M8), which includes tweaks like Motion Launch. It allows users to interact with the phone without even turning on the screen. “A simple swipe will activate the device, Auto Answer allows you to answer a call by putting the phone to your ear without touching the screen,” explains HTC.
HTC One (M8) specifications
- Display: 5-inch FHD (1920×1080) Super LCD 3
- OS: Android 4.4 with Sense 6.0
- Processor: 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (quad-core)
- Memory: 2GB of RAM, 32GB internal; microSD up to 128GB
- Cameras: Duo Camera (4.1 UltraPixel + 2MP depth cameras); 5MP front camera
- Battery: 2,600mAh (talk time 21 hours, standby time 21 days)
- Ports: 3.5mm headphone, microUSB (MHL)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), GPS, NFC
- SIM: nanoSIM
- Other: BoomSound, IR Blaster
- Size: 146.3 x 70.6 x 9.35mm, 160g
- Colours: Amber Gold, Glacial Silver, and Gunmetal Gray