HTC has released a new budget Android smartphone in the Chinese market. Part of the company’s Desire-series, the new Desire 316 is a CDMA Android phone with GSM support for international roaming. It will most probably be launched by China Telecom in the country.
The smartphone features a 5-inch qHD 960x540p display, 1.2GHz quad-core processor (Snapdragon 200 likely), 512MB of RAM and Android 4.3. Desire 316 also packs 4GB of internal storage, microSD card slot and 1950 mAh battery. In addition, HTC has included 5MP rear camera, 0.3MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS on the phone.
According to HTC China product listing, Desire 316 comes with Blinkfeed, HiDi voice assistant and China-specific services on-board.
There is no word on the pricing or availability right now or whether the phone will ever be released outside China. We hope to hear from the company soon.
HTC Desire 316 key specifications
- Dimensions: 140 x 72 x 9.7mm, 160 grams (with battery)
- Display: 5-inch, qHD (960x540p)
- CPU: Quad-core, 1.2GHz
- OS: Android 4.3
- Network support: 1X/EVDO Rev.A CDMA 2000 800MHz; GSM / GPRS / EDGE: 900/1800/1900MHz (international roaming only)
- Memory: 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS
- Cameras: 5MP AF rear, 0.3MP front
- Battery: 1950mAh
- Colours: White, Black