HTC has unveiled its new Desire 816 mid-range Android smartphone at Mobile World Congress today. Set to go on sale in China beginning next month, Desire 816 will reach other markets in April.
The smartphone features a 5.5-inch HD display, 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 13MP rear camera and 5MP front camera. It also comes with 1.5GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, microSD card slot with support upto 64GB and 2600 mAh battery.
In addition, the phone packs front stereo speakers and Sense 5.5 with Blinkfeed, Zoe etc.
“The HTC Desire 816 marks the beginning of an exciting new era for the mid-tier. Incomparably beautiful to look at and hold with the technology and software to match, the HTC Desire 816 challenges everything that people expect from lower cost smartphones. It is bringing genuine choice to the category by delivering stunning design and high-end performance at unbelievable value,” said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC.
According to HTC, the phone will be released in multiple colour options including Red, Green, White and Black. It will be competing with the likes of Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, which too comes with similar specifications.
HTC Desire 816 specifications
- Size: 156.6 x 78.7 x 7.99 mm / 165g
- Display: 5.5-inch 1280x720p HD
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, 1.6GHz quad-core
- OS: Android, HTC Sense 5.5 / BlinkFeed
- Memory: 1.5GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, Glonass, 3G, LTE (in select markets)
- Cameras: 13MP rear, 5MP front
- Battery: 2600 mAh