Motorola has started rolling out a new software update for Moto G single-SIM GSM version in various markets. The update is currently live in UK, US (for unlocked units) and select other countries.
Carrying the version number 174.44.1, the update is rolling out over-the-air and is basically a bug-fixing update. So, there are no new features. You will automatically get a notification on your phone once the update is available for you or you can manually trigger the update by going to Settings << About phone << System updates.
Moto G update v174.44.1 change-log:
- Fixed an issue which caused temporary cellular network loss for a small number of customers
- Fixed wallpaper cropping issue
- Resolved USB OTG support for USB drives
- Fixed low call volume as experienced by some users
There is no word on when or whether a similar update is going to be released for dual-SIM or CDMA Moto G version.
Did Indian Moto G started to get KitKat update?
Yes ! It started 2 weeks back!
mine came with kitkat update ,,in mumbai
any idea of ota bug fixing update in india?? expected date?
Any information on 174.44.1 update for Indian users to resolve issues of temporary cellular network loss and low call volume experience. I am facing these issues with Moto G on Vodafone Delhi ciricle
Ya i m also facing the same problem of dropping network signal in both the sim while m in call…my version is 171.44.31..
i have faced lot of issues when i update into kitkat 4.4.2
1) as per below showing image icons letter are getting distorted
2) sometimes battery charge level suddenly comes down 1% even when it is fully charged
3) OTG is not Supporting if i connect it suddenly getting restarts
4) Battery backup also not much as my previous software version