According to Qualcomm, it is the first processor to offer system-level Ultra HD support and it comes with new Adreno 420 GPU, which packs 40 percent more graphics processing power than its predecessor.
“Using a smartphone or tablet powered by Snapdragon 805 processor is like having an UltraHD home theater in your pocket, with 4K video, imaging and graphics, all built for mobile,” said Murthy Renduchintala, executive vice president, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 key features
- Krait 450 quad-core CPU with speeds of up to 2.5 GHz per core
- Memory bandwidth support of up to 25.6 GB/second
- User interface and games support Ultra HD resolution
- Adreno 420 GPU offers advanced 4K rendering, with even more realistic scenes and objects, visually stunning user interface, graphics and mobile gaming experiences at lower power.
- Can be integrated with Qualcomm Gobi MDM9x25 or the Gobi MDM9x35 modem
- Ability to stream more video content at higher quality using less power
- First to introduce hardware 4K HEVC (H.265) decode for mobile for extremely low-power HD video playback.
- First Gpixel/s throughput camera support in a mobile processor designed for a significant increase in camera speed and imaging quality.