“We poured a great deal of thought into the Opera for Android tablet version. The size of devices and mindset of users make the tablet very different from its smaller cousin, the smartphone, and we have to respect that. In Opera 18 for Android, we have spent hours and hours tweaking, and fiddling with the placement of, even the minute details, just to get that top tablet feel,” writes Johan Schön, SVP for Mobile Consumer Browsers, Opera Software in a blog post.
To remind you, Opera for Android includes features like Discover, Speed Dial and Off-Road mode, which make access to content easier.
Here is the full change-log
- Based on chromium 31
- New UI for tablet devices
- Improvements in search engine list
- New remote debugging feature (requires new permissions)
- Fixed issue with fullscreen video playback, HW back button on Discover, viewport size in new tab, keyboard staying on screen, page reload when leaving text input in off-road pages
- Various stabilization and performance improvements