US Telecom operator Sprint has announced that it will begin selling Google Nexus 5 smartphone on November 8. The phone will be released via all sales channels of Sprint with a price-tag of $149.99 on contract after $50 mail-in rebate.
Interested consumers can pre-order the phone starting tomorrow (November 1, 2013). The off-contract pricing of 16GB Nexus 5 on Sprint is $449.99, which is way more than Google Play pricing. Sprint has noted that off-contract consumers can buy the phone from Google Play and they will have no problem in activating it on Sprint.
Sprint has also noted that Nexus 5 will support its tri-brand Spark LTE network.
T-Mobile has also revealed that it will be carrying Nexus 5 but did not reveal an exact date. The telecom operator has stated that Nexus 5 will be released “in the coming weeks” and “at an affordable price.”
Nexus 5 key specifications
- 4.95-inch full HD IPS display
- 8MP advanced rear camera lens that lets in more light with OIS, 1.3MP front camera
- Wireless charging via Qi wireless charging accessories (sold separately)
- 2,300mAh Lithium-polymer battery
- 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- 2GB of RAM
- Android 4.4