Originally unveiled in August, LG G2 features a 5.2-inch full HD IPS display, 2GB of RAM, 3000 mAh battery, and 13MP rear camera. The phone also comes with 2.26 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor, 2.1MP front camera and 16/ 32GB of internal storage.
The phone runs on Android 4.2.2 and LG has included host of software tweaks of the devices, you can find some of these below.
- Answer Me: Automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear.
- Plug & Pop: Recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected.
- QuickRemote: Not only can LG G2 be used to remotely control popular home entertainment devices, it can also learn from conventional remotes and be customized to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys.
- Slide Aside: Enables easier multitasking by simply “sliding” open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe.
- Guest Mode: Protects owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.
The phone will be available in both Black and White colours in 16GB and 32GB storage options. Te 32GB version costs INR 44,500.
Smartphone market share
LG plans to capture 10 per cent of the Indian smartphone market by the end of 2014, a company executive revealed at the LG G2 smartphone launch in Gurgaon on Monday. The company has also earmarked INR 500 crore for the marketing and the retail channel expansion.