In addition to the new Xperia Z1 smartphone, Sony has also launched three accessories for the smartphone consumers in the country. These accessories are Sony’s Smartwatch 2, Cyber-shot QX10 and Cyber-shot QX100 lens-style cameras. According to the company, while lens-style cameras are available starting today, SmartWatch 2 will go on sale in October.
Talking about Sony Smartwatch 2 first, this third-generation smartwatch from Sony was originally announced back in June this year and just started to become available in the countries around the world.
Sony Smartwatch 2 acts as a second-screen for your Android smartphone and allows you take calls, controls presentations, remote take a picture using your smartphone camera, read emails, texts and check notifications without the need to even wake up your smartphone.
Here is a look at Sony Smartwatch 2 key features
- Sunlight readable
- Water-resistant (IP57)
- NFC pairing and connecting
- Micro USB for charging
- User interface similar to Android UI
- 1.6 inch Transflective LCD with 220 x 176 pixels
- Aluminium body and stainless steel wristband
- Works with most Android phones
- Bluetooth 3.0
It will be sold for INR 14,990 in the country.
Coming to Sony’s Cyber-shot lens-style cameras, these were first showcased alongside Xperia Z1 at the pre-IFA Sony press event earlier this month. They connect with your smartphone wirelessly and convert your phone’s screen into a real-time viewfinder. You can then control the QX10 and QX100 lens-style cameras using Sony’s PlayMemories Mobile app and release the shutter, start/stop movie recordings, and adjust common photographic settings like shooting mode, zoom, auto focus area and more.
According to Sony, lens style cameras can be attached to your smartphones using a mechanically adjustable adapter, or be held separately in hand or even mounted to a tripod. The QX10 and QX100 can also be operated as completely standalone cameras as it include its own shutter release button, memory card slot and a rechargeable battery, but as you don’t have a viewfinder, you won’t be able to see what exactly you are taking picture of.
QX10 key specs:
- 18.2 effective megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor
- 10x optical zoom Sony G Lens
- Built-in Optical SteadyShot to combat camera shake
QX100 key specs:
- 1.0-inch, 20.2 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor (Identical to the sensor found in Cyber-shot RX100 II camera)
- Wide-aperture Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens with 3.6x optical zoom and a powerful BIONZ image processor
- Dedicated control ring for manual focus and zoom
Sony QX10 and QX100 will be sold in the Indian market for INR 12,990 and INR 24,990 respectively.