Lava’s sub brand XOLO has started teasing its XOLO Play smartphone on Facebook. First leaked in May, the smartphone is rumoured to be powered by NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 processor (Update: confirmed), which lines-up perfectly with how the company is calling it as “the next big thing in gaming.” Tegra 3 processor has traditionally been supported very well by the game developers and the devices even come with a Tegra-specific game store in the form of Tegra Zone.
The company has not revealed any release dates or pricing right now but it should be coming soon. As per the previous report, XOLO Play will be featuring 4.7-inch IPS 720p HD display, 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage.
The phone is also rumoured to pack 2,000 mAh battery, Android 4.1.1, 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera.
The phone will be competing with Karbonn’s just launched S9 Titanium and Micromax’s upcoming Canvas 4 smartphones.
Update: XOLO has also released a teaser of the XOLO Play smartphone, which confirms that the phone is indeed powered by Tegra 3 quad-core processor. We are actively tracking the smartphone and will let you guys know if anything new pops up.
- 1.5GHz quad-core NVIDIA TEGRA 3 processor
- Internal Memory: 4 GB
- RAM: 1GB
- HSPA+ (up to 21 Mbps (DL), up to 5.76 Mbps(UL))
- Display: 4.7-inch IPS with 1280*720 resolution, 312 PPI
- Cameras: 8 MP rear with BSI Sensor and LED Flash, 2 MP front
- Android v4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- GPS, aGPS
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor
- Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n,
- Dimensions: 138.4*70*10.4 mm, Weight: 167g
- 3.5 mm audio jack, micro SD card slot
- Battery: 2000 mAh
Thanks Vinoth | First spotted by MNM