Google has released a pretty major update for its Drive app for Android today. The update brings plethora of improvements and new features to the app. Dubbed as version 1.2; the new update is now live and can be downloaded from Play Store client or updated on your Android device.
Talking about the specifics, Google Drive for Android v1.2 brings new cards style user interface, ability to preview documents without opening them and download a copy option.
“To help you find the content you care about, Drive files will now be displayed in a clean, simple card-style. You can swipe between files to see large previews that let you quickly review and discover the information you’re looking for,” Google noted in a blog post.
The updated Drive app also allows users to scan paper documents like receipts and bills etc. and save them as PDFs in their account. As Google Drive uses Optical Character Recognition (OCR technology, you can even search in Google Drive for these scanned documents.
You can check out the full change-log below:
- New grid view makes it easier to find your files
- New quick preview lets you view photos and other files from within the app
- Scan documents, receipts and letters for safe keeping in Drive; then search by contents once uploaded
- Download a copy of files to your local device (Honeycomb+)
- Spreadsheet editor now supports changing fonts, colors and cell alignment
- View properties of files from within the editors
- Bug fixes and visual improvements