Amazon has announced that it will begin selling Kindle Fire HD 8.9 in Japan on March 12. The tablet has been priced at ¥ 24,800 for the 16GB version and ¥ 29,800 for the 32GB version. Company has already started accepting pre-orders at Amazon.co.jp.
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9, which was launched last year in US, comes with a high-resolution 8.9-inch display, 1.5GHz OMAP4470 dual-core processor, Amazon OS based on Android 4.0, Dolby Audio and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Amazon also retails Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire in the country.
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 key features
- 8.9-inch, 1920×1200 resolution display at 254 ppi
- Dual antenna, dual-band Wi-Fi with MIMO technolog
- 1.5GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4470 processor
- Imagination SGX544 graphics engine
- Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio
- 10 hours of battery life
- Front-facing HD camera
- X-Ray for Movies, X-Ray for Textbooks, Immersion Reading, Whispersync for Voice and Whispersync for Games.