HTC-made Google Nexus 9 tablet is official
Alongside the new Nexus 6 smartphone, Nexus Player and Android 5.0, Google has also unveiled the new Nexus 9 tablet. Made in partnership with HTC, the Nexus 8 is the fourth Nexus tablet till date and the first one to sport an 8.9-inch screen. It is also the first tablet from HTC in a long time. The company had last worked on HTC Flyer and Jetstream back in 2011.
According to Google, the Nexus 9 will go on sale beginning November 3 and the consumers will be able to pre-order the device starting October 17 in select countries.
Coming to the specifications, Google Nexus 9 sports a 2048x1536p IPS display and is powered by 2.3GHz 64-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1 dual-core processor. The tablet also packs 16/ 32GB of internal storage, 2GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera and 1.6MP front shooter. The tablet runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop and will be released in Wi-Fi only and LTE + Wi-Fi variants.
Along with Nexus 9, Google has also introduced a keyboard folio for the tablet, which magnetically attaches to the Nexus 9, folds into two different angles and rests securely on your lap like a laptop. It will be offered for $129.
The Nexus 9 will retail for starting $399 in US and will be released in White, Black and Sand colour options. Google has stated that it plans to launch Nexus 9 in 29 countries over the coming weeks but has not shared any specifics.
Google Nexus 9 specifications
- Size: 8.9 x 6.05 x 0.31 inches, 425 grams (Wi-Fi version) & 436 grams (LTE version)
- Display: 8.9-inch (2048x1536p), 4:3 aspect ratio
- Processor: NVIDIA Tegra K1, 2.3GHz 64-bit dual-core
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Memory: 2GB of RAM, 16GB and 32GB of storage
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, HSPA+/LTE (optional)
- Cameras: 8MP rear with BSI, f/2.4 & 1.6MP front, BSI, 720p video
- Others: Front-facing BoomSound speakers
- Battery: 6,700 mAh Li-polymer