Google introduces Google Play, rebrands Android Market, Music, eBooks, Video
Google took a major step and announced the unification of all its content services under roof – Google Play. Starting today, Android Market, Google eBooks, Music and Video will become a part of Google Play and can be accessed at https://play.google.com/.
The Android Market app on your Android devices will be upgraded to Google Play Store over the coming days and so will be Video, Books and Music apps as Google Play Movies, Google Play Books and Google Play Music apps.
Google has also announced a promotion to celebrate this unification and a different album, book, video rental and Android app at a special price each day for the next week in “7 Days to Play” sale.
What is offered under Google Play?
- Store up to 20,000 songs for free and buy millions of new tracks
- Download more than 450,000 Android apps and games
- Browse the world’s largest selection of eBooks
- Rent thousands of your favorite movies, including new releases and HD titles
Country-wise distribution of services available under Google Play:
- U.S.: Music, movies, books and Android apps
- Canada & U.K.: Movies, books and Android apps
- Australia: Books and apps
- Japan: Movies and apps
- Everywhere else: Android apps