Sony Xperia Ion official; 1.5GHz dual-core CPU, 4.6-inch 720p display inside
Sony and US telecom operator AT&T have announced Xperia Ion at CES just now. It will be available exclusively to AT&T owners in US in Q2 this year; there is no word on global availability right now.
Featuring a huge 4.6 inch HD display (1280 X 720 pixels), Sony Xperia Ion will come with Android 2.3, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 16GB internal storage, 12MP rear camera with Sony Exmor R tech, front camera, DLNA, HDMI and BRAVIA Sync.
Xperia Ion is also PlayStation certified, so you will able to play PS games on the smartphone. One of the interesting aspects of Xperia Ion is the new Fast Capture technology, which means Ion’s camera goes from standby mode to first shot in just 1.5 seconds.
“With Xperia ion, we’re bringing together several firsts that will take users beyond the smartphone. Designed to deliver a seamless experience across the multiple screens we use to play, watch, listen, and share, Xperia ion is the gateway to entertainment when and – most importantly – where you want it.”
– Paul Hamnett, President, Sony Ericsson North America
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8260 Dual Core Processor
- GPU Adreno 220
- 133 x 68 x 10.8 mm, 144 grams
- 4.55 inches 1280×720 pixels display with scratch-resistant Shatter proof sheet on scratch-resistant glass
- 1 GB RAM
- 16 GB Flash Memory
- Expansion slot microSD, up to 32 GB
- 12.1 MP camera
- 1.3 MP front camera
- 1900 mAh battery