Less than a month after introducing the A83 smartphone in China, Oppo has released the phone in India. According to the company, it will start the sales of A83 on January 20 in the country. The Oppo A83 carries a price-tag of INR 13,990 and will be available via both online and physical retailers.
The A83 is a mid-range smartphone and sports a 5.7-inch IPS screen with 1440x720p resolution. It is powered by MediaTek Helio P23 octa-core processor and packs 32GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot. Although the Chinese version of A83 comes with 4GB of RAM, the Indian version will include only 3GB of RAM.
Among other specifications, the phone includes 3180 mAh battery, dual-SIM support, and 4G VoLTE connectivity. There is no fingerprint sensor present in the device, however it features Oppo’s own implementation of Face Unlock feature, which the company claims is superfast to use.
In terms of the imaging capabilities, the Oppo A83 comes with a 13-megapixel primary camera on the back with an LED flash as well as an 8-megapixel selfie camera on the front. The company has also packed an AI-powered beautification technology in the phone.
On the software front, you will get Android 7.1 Nougat with ColorOS 3.2 UI. There is no word on whether the phone will ever get the Android 8.0 Oreo update.
Oppo A83 is the fourth A-series phone to be launched by the company in India. Oppo already sells A71, A57 and A37 smartphones in the country. It is also the company’s first launch of the year.
Oppo A83 full specifications
- 5.7-inch IPS screen with 18:9 aspect ratio and 1440x720p resolution
- 2.5GHz MediaTek Helio P23 MT6763T octa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage and microSD card slot
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, 8MP front shooter
- Android 7.1 Nougat operating system with ColorOS 3.2
- 3180 mAh battery
- Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wifi 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.1
- Dimensions: 150.5mm x 73.1mm x 7.7mm; Weight: 141 grams