Vivo V7 becomes official, coming to India on November 20
Update (Nov 20): Vivo has launched the V7 in India at INR 18,990. Read more in my full report.
Earlier (Nov 16): Probably because of some absurd reasoning, the Chinese smartphone maker Vivo’s V7 smartphone is being unveiled over two months after it launched the V7+. The company earlier today showcased the V7 in Indonesia and confirmed that the phone will be released in India on November 20.
As the naming suggests, the Vivo V7 is a smaller variant of the V7+. It sports a 5.7-inch HD screen with 18:9 aspect ratio and is powered by 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa-core processor. The phone also comes with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. There is a microSD card slot on-board as well as space for two SIM cards.
On the imaging front, the V7 is exactly the same as V7+ and includes a 24-megapixel f2.0 front shooter with soft LED flash, and 16-megapixel rear camera. Among other specifications, you will get a 3000 mAh battery, a fingerprint sensor and Android 7.1-based FunTouch 3.2.
Pricing and availability
According to Vivo, the V7 will go on sale starting November 18 in the Indonesian market for IDR 3,799,000 (INR 18,300) in Matte Black and Gold colour options.
Vivo is hosting a press event in India on November 20 at 1PM, where it will be revealing the availability details for the country.
To remind you, the Vivo V7+ is currently sold in for INR 21,990.
Vivo V7 full specifications
- 5.7-inch IPS display with 18:9 aspect ration, 1440 x 720p resolution, 2.5D curved glass and Gorilla Glass 4
- 1.8GHz octa-core Snapdragon 450 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and microSD card slot
- Android 7.1 Nougat with Funtouch OS 3.2 overlay
- Dual-SIM support, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, and f/2.0 aperture as well as 24MP selfie camera with LED flash and f/2.0 aperture
- GPS, Fingerprint sensor, FM Radio
- 3000mAh of non-removable battery