Originally introduced last year, the Dell Venue 8 7000 sports a 6mm thick aluminium chassis with front-firing stereo speakers. There is also an 8.4-inch OLED display on-board, which includes 2560x1600p resolution. The tablet is powered by 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 processor and runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
In addition, Dell has packed Intel RealSense Snapshot Depth Camera in the tablet, which captures a depth map for every picture taken. Using the Dell Gallery app, the consumers will be able to edit photos (taken with depth camera) with selective filtering and refocus functions. In addition, the customers will be able to do simple linear or area measurements with a photo, like measure the length of a sofa or the area of a room.
The thin chassis and depth camera are two USPs of Dell Venue 8 7000-series.
Dell Venue 8 7000-series specifications
- OS: Android 5.0
- Processor: Intel Atom Z3580, 2.3GHz, quad-core
- Display: 8.4-inch OLED, 2560x1600p
- Memory: 2GB of RAM, 16/ 32GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Miracast support
- Cameras: 8MP depth camera, 2MP front shooter