As rumoured, HTC has taken the wraps of its new One M8s smartphone. A tweaked version of the company’s 2014 flagship One M8, the new smartphone sports an identical design to the original but the internals have been revamped to make it more enticing to the 2015 buyers.
The One M8s is powered by 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor and packs a 13MP Duo camera on the back, instead of the Snapdragon 801 and 4MP Ultrapixel shooter in the M8. Other specifications of the M8s include 5-inch full HD display, 2840 mAh battery, Android 5.0 with Sense 6 and 5MP front camera.
HTC has stated that One M8s will be initially available only in Europe. It will retail at GBP 380 in the UK. The colour options remain same as the M8 – Silver, Gold and Gunmetal Grey. There is no word on the release in Americas or Asia at this point.
HTC One M8s specifications
- Size: 146.41 x 70.61 x 9.55mm, 160 grams
- Display: 5-inch full HD, 1920x1080p
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615, octa-core, 64-bit, 1.7GHz
- OS: Android 5.0, HTC Sense 6
- Memory: 16GB of internal storage, 2GB of RAM, microSD card slot
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi ac, DLNA, 4G
- Cameras: 13MP f 2.0 rear Duo camera, 5MP f2.8 front shooter
- Sound: HTC BoomSound
- Location: GPS, GLONASS
- Battery: 2840 mAh