Within days of the soak tests, Motorola has announced that it has started rolling out the Android 5.0 update for Moto G (2nd Gen) and Moto X (2nd Gen) Pure Edition in the United States.
“Get ready for something sweet! AndroidTM 5.0, Lollipop is officially here for some of our Motorola devices. We’ve started to roll out Lollipop in phases just a week after the public release of the software,” stated Seshadri Tangutur, Software Engineer at Motorola, in a blog post.
The update will reach these phones over-the-air in the next few days. There is no word on the global roll-out, but it should not take much time.
You can check out the detailed change-log of the update at Motorola website, however here is quick look at the highlights of the update.
- A new look and feel: Material Design for better, more natural touch screen interactions and vivid new colors, typography, and edge-to-edge imagery to make using your phone more fluid.
- Your device, your rules: Notifications on your lock screen, new “Downtime” and “Interruption” settings for notifications control.
- Share your device: Guest mode to limit the user to a particular application.
- Let there be light: New flashlight in Quick Settings.
- Battery saver: New battery saver mode that will save power by reducing performance and most background data operations to extend your battery life.