Right on cue, Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Note 4 smartphone for the Indian market at a press event in New Delhi today. This new phablet flagship from Samsung will be joining the company’s Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Alpha smartphones in the top-end smartphone portfolio.
Sporting the Note-series specific S-Pen, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was originally introduced at IFA trade fair in Berlin last month. India is among the first wave of countries to get the phone and it is the first time that Samsung has decided to release the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor-powered variant of a flagship in the country. The new Note 4 model being launched in India comes with quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor and will support 4G LTE connectivity.
Among other specifications, the phone features a 5.7-inch Quad-HD display, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage and Android 4.4.4. In addition, Samsung has included support for 14 Indian languages in the phone like Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, and Hindi.
“The new device exhibits people inspired innovation with its unique combination of an enhanced S Pen, large and vivid display and superior productivity features to provide the most refined Galaxy experience to our customers.” said Asim Warsi, Samsung India’s VP of Mobile & IT.
Pricing and Availability
According to Samsung, Galaxy Note 4 will retail for INR 58,300 in the country. It will go on sale beginning October 17 in Black, White, Pink and Gold colour options.
Samsung has partnered with Vodafone for data offers and the telecom operator will be offering 1GB of free data for two months to active data subscribers and 2GB per month to the users, who are not actively using data on Vodafone.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch Quad-HD Super AMOLED, 2560x1440p
- Processor: 2.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 / 1.9GHz octa-core Exynos 5
- OS: Android 4.4.4 with TouchWiz UI
- Memory: 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, microSD card support with support upto 128GB
- Cameras: 16MP auto-focus rear camera with OIS support & 3.7MP front camera with F1.9
- Battery: 3220 mAh with fast charging support
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/b/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, IR LED, 4G LTE, 3G
- Ports: 3.5mm audio jack, microUSB 2.0 with MHL 3.0 support
- Sensors: Gesture, Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Gyroscope, RGB, Proximity, Barometer, Hall Sensor, Finger Scanner, UV, Heart Rate Monitoring
- Size & Weight: 153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5mm, 176grams
- Location: GPS, Glonass, Beidou
- Others: S-Pen