Update: The app has vanished from the Play Store for unknown reasons.
Earlier (May 9, 2014): Delhi Traffic Police (DTP) on Thursday announced the launch of its official Android app in Google Play. The app includes several key features that will help the city residents with traffic related problems and also provides tools to help with their inter-city commute.
The application will enable Delhi residents to get information like traffic alerts, advisories and even towed vehicles on-the-go. The users will also be able to instantly calculate auto, black-yellow taxi and radio taxi fares or view the travel distance within the app.
Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung appreciated the initiative taken by Delhi Traffic Police in adopting a proactive approach to solicit greater public participation in traffic related matters and attempting to provide services and information to the benefit of one and all. He was speaking at the launch event of the Delhi Traffic Police app.
The application can be downloaded now from Google Play and works on all Android devices with 2.3.3. Here is a look at the key features of the application.
- Information about traffic alerts and advisories to plan the journey
- Assessment of fare charges to be paid to TSR/Taxi/Radio Cab drivers, calculation of distance travelled and shortest route to be taken for destined journey
- Lodge complaints against TSR/Taxi drivers for misbehaviour, refusal and overcharging
- Access information about pit for vehicles towed away by Traffic Police when parked unauthorized/improperly
- Make calls to Emergency Numbers in case of exigency
- Get desired information through FAQs about Delhi Traffic Police and the services provided