Nikon introduces Coolpix S810c Android camera, goes on sale next month
Nikon is back with its second Android powered point and shoot camera in the form of Coolpix S810c. Announced earlier today, this smart camera will go on sale in the United States for $350 in early May in Black and White colour options. There is no word on the release elsewhere right now.
Nikon Coolpix S810c packs a 16MP BSI-CMOS sensor, 12x optical zoom lens, Wi-Fi, 1080/30p HD video support and GPS. It also includes a 3.7-inch touchscreen WVGA LCD, Android 4.2.2 and 1850 mAh battery.
“The Coolpix S810c combines the best parts of a Nikon camera and the limitless possibilities of the Android Operating System, so users can seamlessly integrate their digital lives with their creative passions. Nikon COOLPIX S810c users will be able to stay connected and share everyday moments with ease through Full HD video and amazing stills,” said Masahiro Horie, Director of Marketing and Planning, Nikon Inc.
- Post to, and browse, social networking services
- Equipped with Google apps and Google Play support
- Timeline View that allows users to edit images and comments in in-camera albums
- Pre-installed Nikon Image Space app with free 20GB of cloud storage
- Supports operating while the battery is charging
- Equipped with a headset connector, MicroUSB 2.0, MicroSDHC and microSDXC card slots
- Included Easy Auto mode, Scene mode, Smart Portrait mode, and Special Effects mode