Motorola launches Moto X in Australia for A$549
As promised, Motorola has announced the launch of Moto X in Australian market today. The phone will be available later this month in Black and White colour options for A$549. The pricing is almost US$100 more than the price at which it is currently retailing in the US, so that is a little disappointing.
Originally introduced last year in August, Moto X comes with features like 4.7-inch HD display, Motorola X8 computing platform packing dual-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 10MP rear camera and 4G support.. The phone runs on Android 4.4.2 with just a few software tweaks, most of which are of actually useful like Touchless control and Active notifications
“To use your Moto X, you only need your voice. Without touching it at all, you can get directions, set an alarm or do just about anything—just by talking. Say “OK Google Now” to get started. Ask it if you need an umbrella and it gives you up-to-the-minute weather for your location. Tell it you’re going home, and your Moto X will get you there. Because it knows your voice, Moto X can do things other phones can’t,” Motorola Australia noted in a press release.
In related news, Motorola is also set to introduce Moto X in Indian market this week, where it will be exclusivly sold by e-retailer Flipkart.
Moto X specifications
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro (1.7GHz dual-core Krait CPU, quad-core Adreno 320 GPU), a natural language processor and a contextual computing processor
- Memory: 2GB of RAM, 16GB of on-board storage, 50GB storage of free Google Drive storage
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 LE + EDR, Wi-Fi a/g/b/n/ac, 4G LTE
- Display: 4.7-inch AMOLED, HD 720p
- OS: Android 4.4.2, KitKat
- Size: 65.3mm x 129.4mm x 5.7-10.4mm, 130 grams
- Battery: 2200 mAh
- Cameras: 2MP front camera, 10MP rear