Samsung Galaxy S5 specs, images revealed ahead of announcement
Can’t wait for Galaxy S5 announcement, we have all the details for you. Thanks to a premature publication of a hands on post by UK tech news website Pocket Lint (the post is not accessible now, not even via Google cache), all the details and images of the Galaxy S5 have leaked online.
Let’s start with specifications, Galaxy S5 packs a full HD Super AMOLED 5.25-inch display, there is no word about the QHD display totting Galaxy S5 Prime right now. Other specifications of the phone include 16MP rear camera, front camera, Android 4.4, 2800 mAh battery, LTE and USB 3.0.
The Galaxy S5 also packs fingerprint scanner on the home button as rumoured and a heart-rate monitor. We don’t have a confirmation about the processor and RAM in the smartphone, which most probably is the newly announced Snapdragon 801 and 3GB of RAM.
Here are some other Galaxy S5 takeaways from the Pocket Lint post:
- The phone is water and dust resistant (IP67)
- Samsung has finally ditched menu button and replaced it with multi-tasking button
- Touchwiz hasn’t seen a big revamp but it does include some tweaks
- S Health 3.0 is present on the phone with detailed tracking
- New Magazine page sits on the left-most homescreen of the phone
- New Download booster app