Moto G getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat update in India
As promised, Motorola has started rolling out Android 4.4.2 update for Moto G dual-SIM model in the Indian market. 230.7 MB in size, the update is available over-the-air and can be triggered by going to Settings << About Phone << System Update << Check Now.
The update brings Android 4.4.2 base, new version of dialler app, camera improvements and more. Check out the full change-log below.
- Android 4.4.2, KitKat: Restyled status and navigation bars, immersive mode, colour emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more
- Updated Phone dialler: Improved phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad
- Improved Camera app: Locked exposure during Panorama capture, additional language support, Manual control of focus and exposure, Bug fixes
- Updated Gallery: New photo editing options including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to colour, exposure, contrast and more.
- Cloud Print support
- Updated Hangouts app with support for integrated SMS/MMS messaging
The update roll-out in India comes hot on the heels of its release in Malaysia last week, which was probably the first market to get KitKat on dual-SIM Moto G. If you have already updated your smartphone, do let us know about the experience in comments.
In related news, Flipkart has started shipping some of the 16GB Moto G units, which were booked after the initial sell-out.
Thanks for the tip Nikunj Gurwara