After beginning Android 4.3 update release for Xperia SP earlier this week, Sony has now started rolling out the update for Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V smartphones. The update will be released region-wise, so it might take days or even weeks to reach your smartphone.
According to Sony, the Android 4.3 update brings latest versions of native apps, Sony media apps, Xperia Themes support, and updated version of Battery Stamina mode. The update also packs Android security enhancements as well as Xperia in Business and Jelly Bean-specific features like Project Butter improvements and UI response optimisation.
To remind you, all three Sony smartphones were until running on Android 4.1 (originally launched with 4.0). To check for the update on your smartphone, download PC Companion or Bridge for Mac softwares from Sony’s Support website.
If the Sony support website is any indication, the company is investigating if you can update these smartphones to Android 4.4 KitKat but no decision has been taken until now.
- Google Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- User interface optimisation and smoother graphical experience
- New Sony user interface with new home screen look and feel
- Updated Sony Media apps – “WALKMAN”, Album and Movies apps
- New version of Battery STAMINA Mode for prolonging battery life
- Latest security enhancements from Android 4.3
If you have already got the Android 4.3 update on your Xperia T, TX or V, do let us know in comments.