India

Exploding Micromax Canvas 2.2 sends owner to hospital

Exploded Micromax smartphoneA New Delhi resident was recently hospitalised after suffering serious injuries from an exploding Micromax smartphone.  The specific details of the explosion are unknown but it seems to have originated from the battery of the smartphone.

According to a report in Gadgets to Use, Micromax’s Canvas 2.2 smartphone recently exploded, sending the owner to hospital. The person has suffered some serious injuries on the face and hand. You can check the images of those injuries at the source as we have decided not to publish them here because of their graphic nature.

The smartphone in question – Canvas 2.2 – was launched by the company last month and comes with the usual specifications present in most budget phablets from the Indian vendors. It is currently sold around INR 12,900 in the country.

We hope there is a proper investigation in what led to this unfortunate incident.

Source

3 thoughts on “Exploding Micromax Canvas 2.2 sends owner to hospital

  1. Those pictures on ‘Gadgets To Use’ are absolutely horrific. The poor guy is probably going to have those scars for life. I wish him all the best for a quick recovery.

    I also hopes he sues the cr@p out of Mmx and get serious monetary compensation along with large punitive damages, so that every company will think twice about putting substandard electrical parts in their devices.

    But it always beats me as to why people spending that much will buy a Mmx, Karbon, Lava etc. I can understand for a 5K phone, but for 12K you can have anything from the Xperia M to the Galaxy or the Optimus L7 II and very soon, the MotoG. Does Mmx etc. still sound attractive? 🙁

  2. This is not the first incident I am hearing with a mobile phone. First from Micromax, but a lot more with Samsung, Nokia and Apple. Hope this is taken care by the company, if there is any truth in these reports.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.