Sony announces flash drive with microUSB and USB 2.0 connectors
Sony today took the wraps off its
“Consumers want to let a friend see the photo they just took or share a video easily with as few steps as possible,” said Viviano Cantu, director of consumer media marketing, Sony Electronics. “These new drives combine convenience, peace of mind and performance and are perfect for mobile multi-tasking.”
According to Sony, this drive will be available 8, 16, and 32GB storage options with price starting $19.99 in the United States. As you can see, the pricing is clearly on the upside but Sony is hoping that consumers will choose these drives for their ease-of-use.
The new flash drive will go on sale next month in US, there is no word on the release in other markets.
- 8 GB (USM-8SA1/B) – $19.99
- 16 GB (USM-16SA1/B) – $29.99
- 32 GB (USM-32SA1/B) – $62.99
- Locking cap to protect the connectors from damage, dust and debris
- Choice of 3 different cap colours
- Metal body for durability
- Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0)
- Size: 18.9 x 9 x 31.4 mm, 6 grams